Saturday, September 6, 2008

There's A Storm A-Comin

Okay--actually it is here. Tropical Storm Hanna is rolling through as we speak. As evidence that it isn't much more right now than a big windy rain storm, I took the time to throw up a new Mixwit volume dedicated to storm--or more accurately, rain.

A few words about the mix--first, as always it is limited to what MW has (as I haven't taken the time to learn how to add songs)--hence a few obvious choices are missing such as "Wasn't that a Mighty Storm" by Tom Rush. I also didn't add a couple obvious songs cuz truth be told they aren't my favorites (in case you wonder why that obvious Neil Young isn't there)--although I did put the Scorpions on there as I just couldn't see how such a mix didn't include that song. Finally, I focused a bit more on rain given the type of storm we are having so you get "Fool in the Rain" rather than "When the Levee Breaks" by the Zep. And of course I realize that all the songs aren't really about rain or storms! So there you have it. What did I miss?

No comments: